The Vermont Vultures Basketball Club is fully committed to providing a safe environment for all members. All members play a vital role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 through the promotion and practicing of good hygiene while ensuring adherence to Government requirements. As we start basketball again, we all must ensure that we are doing the right thing at all times to protect the safety of venue staff, volunteers, players, officials and the wider community. We ask that all patrons remain polite, listen to and obey BioSafety Officers when utilising the facility.
In addition to the guidelines provided by the Victorian Government, DHHS, Whitehorse Council and Basketball Victoria, we ask all members, volunteers, participants, coaches, officials and spectators to abide by the following protocols:
- Stay home if you are unwell. Especially if you have a fever, are coughing, feeling fatigued, have shortness of breath or a sore throat.
- All attendees must follow published COVID guidelines at venues, directions from Bio Safety Officers.
- If you or someone close to you are suspected or confirmed as a positive case you must notify Vermont Vultures immediately via email@example.com.
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time and if you do, please stay in your car
- All patrons must enter and exit via the correct doors to limit crossover of groups/sessions
- All attendees must sign in via QR code (if the venue has QR code facilities), otherwise all attendees must be noted by Managers – including siblings, or other family members – and stored in case of need to use
- All patrons must make their way directly to their allocated court
- All patrons must leave the venue within 5 minutes of their session concluding
- All patrons must sanitise their hands when they enter the venue
- All patrons must follow current Victorian Government mask guidelines
- All players bringing their own basketball must sanitise it with a wipe when they enter the venue
- All patrons are asked to limit the touching of surfaces unnecessarily
- All patrons must stay 1.5m apart (except players when on court)
- High-Fives, Shaking of hands etc. is not permitted
- Patrons are not to congregate in groups within the venue
Venues & Capacity:
- Vermont Vultures Basketball Club shall adhere to the venue capacity restrictions as advised by the Government and BV
- Players are advised to bring their own drink bottles as water fountains may not be operational
- Score benches & High touch surfaces will be sanitised in between each session
- Some restrictions on the bringing of balls into venues may apply on game days, members are expected to follow these
Managers & Coaches
- Managers are responsible for ensuring they record the names of all participants and family at training venues where there is no QR code for sign-in and stored in case of need of future use
- Vermont Vultures will supply Managers or Coaches with sanitiser and/or wipes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick-up of this
- Coaches should ensure that high use areas are sanitised at the end of training (such as benches, or venue equipment used)
- Where a Manager is not present, the Coach must ensure that they cover or assign the Managers responsibilities to someone else that is present
- Managers & Coaches are encouraged to complete the Infection Control Training – COVID 19 course (approx. 20 mins) which is located at https://covid-19training.gov.au/course/20
Basketball Victoria – COVID guidelines
Victorian Government – COVID information
Department of Health & Human Services
Whitehorse City Council