Firstly, thank you for being so patient while the basketball community attempts to come to terms with a very different summer season. Everyone is doing their utmost to ensure training & games can be enjoyed in a COVID-safe manner. We are pleased to advise that we are getting close to a return to play for Summer Season 20/21!
Please see below for further details of our proposed return to play. Please keep in mind that government announcements will determine final arrangements.
TRAINING SESSIONS PRE-CHRISTMAS
- The club has been given exclusive use of all 5 courts at Nunawading Basketball Stadium on Saturdays from 8am-3pm. The sessions will be of 40 minutes each in duration with a 20 minute change over before the next session. This will hopefully commence on Saturday 28th November (subject to Government announcements) and run through until the 19th December 2020.
- These will be light training sessions so the kids can catch up with their fellow teammates whilst easing back into basketball.
- We are planning that the first session on November 28th will be allocated to the U8 and U10 age groups, as well as allowing collection of uniforms and trophies from the previous season. Older age groups will commence the following week – Saturday 5th
- Teams are being finalised and will be communicated ASAP. This will ensure that Coaches & Team Managers are able to organise their stadium sessions for the coming weeks.
- Coaches/Managers will contact U8/U10 teams this week to confirm availability to schedule an introductory session for 28/11
- Other age group Coaches/Managers will contact teams to schedule a training session/scrimmage from 5/12
- All sessions will all be conducted in a COVID safe environment –http://vermontvultures.org.au/covid19-safe-protocols/
- All training sessions before Christmas are optional, we are just keen to give teams an opportunity to get together before the season starts 23rd January 2021.
- At this stage we are planning to start the season without confirmed training spots as we are reliant on school venues being open and able to be confirmed in the New Year. Details will be confirmed as soon as able.
If you have a query regarding any of the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep an eye on our Facebook page and refreshed website https://vermontvultures.org.au for further updates. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Regards, Vultures Committee