We hope you are all looking forward to the resumption of basketball. As we’re sure you can appreciate, there is a lot to do behind the scenes to ensure a safe and coordinated return to sport. Things seem to be changing daily, with revised restrictions etc, so who knows what will happen in the next 6 weeks! We will push on until we hear otherwise.
In the meantime, here is some more information for you regarding registration, coach/team managers call out, COVID safety, game-day procedures and other housekeeping!
1. Reminder on registration for Summer 2020/21
As outlined in our previous communication, here are the options for the registration for the coming season:
• If you were not registered for the Winter season, but wish to play the Summer season, registration is now open here until 10 July
• If you were registered for the Winter season, but will not play the Summer season, please let us know asap via email to email@example.com and we will provide details for how you can claim a refund
• If you were registered for the Winter season, and wish to play the Summer season, there is nothing for you to do! Your registration is carried over and you are paid up, however you should try on your uniform, and visit the club shop if you need to buy anything new if you’ve had a winter growth spurt.
2. Call for managers / coaches and register
The club relies on volunteers and we appreciate everyone who puts their hand up to assist us with coaching and team management. With restrictions likely to include only one parent/guardian being able to attend junior games (in addition to coach & manager), it’s a perfect time to volunteer! If you would like to register your interest in these positions, please do so here. Thank you to those who have already registered. Role specific communications will be forthcoming.
We have a dedicated coaches Facebook page (search “Vermont Vultures Coaches”), we’d love you to join and ask any questions you may have. Alternatively, please contact Matt or Brendan at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Details will also be sent through shortly for some upcoming Club-subsidised Coaches courses on July 15th and 23rd. These Community coaching sessions run by Basketball Victoria are a great way to develop beginner level training skills.
3. COVID- related safety info and online training
We will likely require all team managers and coaches to complete the COVID-19 Infection Control Training provided by the Health Department to assist with compliance at team trainings etc. Parents who are substituting will also need to have done the training. The more club members who undertake the training, the safer we can be!
Nunawading Basketball Centre have released their ‘Return to Basketball Guidelines’. They have asked that all members familiarise themselves with the directions provided. You can download the document here.
In exciting news, our hard working committee has managed to secure a $1000 grant courtesy of Sport and Recreation Victoria, so we will be in a position to supply sanitiser & wipes to our teams.
Updates regarding the return to basketball and COVID-specific regulations are posted regularly at
As COVID-restrictions are still limiting our ability to distribute last seasons’ trophies, please be assured we will get them to you as soon as we can.
Visit the club shop if you need to buy anything new if you’ve had a winter growth spurt! For all enquiries regarding uniforms and pickup please email: email@example.com
6. Training commences 3/8
Availability of stadiums is still being confirmed, with training tentatively set to commence on Monday August 3rd. Further details will follow as we hear more.
Thank you for your patience as we re-plan. We’ll keep you updated as more information arises.
Regards, Vultures Committee