Happy New Year! We hope everyone enjoyed a safe festive season and a break after a tough 2020.
Please read below for a couple of quick reminders on training and the start of the new season.
- The 2020/21 Summer season starts for the Saturday competition on 23nd January, Friday competition on 29th January, and Monday competition on 1st February. Please refer to our website for full competition dates www.vermontvultures.org.au/season-dates/
- Given this start for Saturday is on the Australia Day weekend, please let us know if you are unable to field a team due to players being away (email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Training will resume from first week in February once venue availability can be confirmed with schools
- Given the reduction in training venue costs this season, the Club will cover team sheet fees for all teams for the first 4 weeks of the season, noting that this includes all spectator entry costs. A reminder also that this season will be cashless for all team fee transactions and stadium entry
- Your team manager will be in touch shortly to confirm the details of your first game
Nunawading Basketball has also provided additional game-specific information for the coming season. Please familiarize yourself with these details, provided below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via Messenger from our Facebook page or by emailing email@example.com
NUNAWADING BASKETBALL – RETURN TO SPORT GUIDELINES, SUMMER 20/21
There is now only one restriction on attendance at games being the density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm. Basketball Victoria have, however, advised that associations should limit the number of spectators to 40 per court which we will follow. All patrons must continue to check-in at the venue via the QR Code.
Please note that the Victorian Government has again changed their advice on mask wearing and all patrons must wear a mask while inside the venue. The only exception to this rule is for players and referees who are excused from wearing a mask when participating in a match.
We continue to ask patrons not to arrive at their venue more than 10 minutes prior to their game. If you do arrive early, please wait in your vehicle or outside the venue (while maintaining social distancing). All patrons must also continue to leave the venue immediately after game. Any team discussions are to take place outside.
Given the current BV “COVIDSafe Level” (formerly GREEN-100), the junior domestic competition is no longer required to have a 20-minute cleaning/sanitizing gap between games. As such, for the Summer 20/21 season the competition will return to the usual 45-minute schedule with 18-minute halves.
However, we must advise, that should the Government and/or Basketball Victoria be required to downgrade our COVID level to ORANGE-50 or lower, the competition will return to the previously advised plan of 17-minute halves (40-minute schedule with 20-minute gap).
Due to COVID-19, the decision has been made to limit the number of basketballs brought into venues. For the Summer 20/21 season and beyond the HEAD COACH of a team is the only person permitted to bring up to two (2) basketballs into the venue. The decision has also been made to follow the process of the VJBL and use a team ball as the match ball. All basketballs bough into the venue must continue to be wiped/sanitized upon entry.
As previously advised, the junior domestic competitions will not be holding elimination finals for the Summer 20/21 season and will instead have 1st and 2nd playoff in a grand final. Grand finals will run on the 45-minute schedule. For the Summer 20/21 season there will be no player introductions, medal presentations. The competition will also be unable to provide score table officials for Summer 20/21 grand finals and teams are asked to provide a scorer. The Summer 20/21 Saturday Grand Final day will also be the Under 8’s Encouragement Day.